The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) invites applications from Ghanaian journalists for funding to support the production of critical/investigative stories. Stories to be supported will be those that highlight major challenges in the Ghanaian society and reveal practices that undermine good governance and the proper functioning of the education, health and extractives sectors.
This funding support forms part of the project “Promoting Professional Standards and Enhancing the Watchdog Role of the Ghanaian Media” with funding from STAR-Ghana.
Worth of Award
The funding support will be awarded to journalists to produce critical investigative stories focusing on all or any of the following priority areas:
Location of study
Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA), Ghana
- This call for funding is open to all Ghanaian journalists currently working with recognised Ghanaian media organisations.
- Stories to be supported under this call must be published/broadcast not later than October 10, 2014
- Journalists are to publish their stories in their respective media organisations. Links to the online publications should be submitted to the MFWA.
How to Apply
The application process consists of the following parts:
- Applicants are to submit a fully completed form with their contact details and a brief description of the following:
-Intended Impact of Story
-Estimated budget (download budget template here)
-Timeline for story development and publication.
- The application form should be filled online (see link below). Applicants should also download the budget form , fill it out and send via e-mail to the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) at: [email protected] and [email protected]. The MFWA will confirm receipt of submitted proposals by email.
Deadline: application closes by 5:00pm on August 15 , 2014.