The YIBI BOA scholarship scheme invites needy and brilliant students to apply for the 2014/15 YIBI BOA scholarship with its aim of addressing the financial challenges that confront needy and brilliant students.
In its vision to make University education in University of Ghana accessible to brilliant and needy students, a YI BI BOA Scholarship committee has been set up to be responsible for the management and soliciting for funds into the scheme.
Worth of award
Financial aid provided by the University involves financial support towards academic fees only
Location of study
University of Ghana, Ghana.
In order to qualify to apply for and receive financial aid from the University of Ghana, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be enrolled as a regular student in full time programme of study
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Be brilliant, and
- Be making excellent academic progress as determined by the University.
Level of study
- Graduate and Undergraduate
How to apply
- You are required to submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the SFAO. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.The next step is an interview of short listed applicants. If your application is successful, you will receive written notification from the SFAO. The award would be credited to your student account at the University.
- Please download and submit the completed form together with supporting documents to the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO).
• If you are applying for financial aid for the first time, or was unsuccessful with your previous application please download and use YIBI BOA FORM A
• If you have previously been awarded financial aid by the SFAO, then please download and use YIBI BOA FORM B
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support applications:• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
- • National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Affidavit to support any relevant claims.
• Evidence of other dependants of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
- You are required to submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the SFAO. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information
- If you have any questions you may call the Students Financial Aid Office on 0302-945312 or send an email to [email protected] You may also walk in during working hours to make enquiries
House No. 11 East Legon,
Behind College of Agric and Consumer Science
- Students Financial Aid Office
University of Ghana
P. O. Box LG 25 LEGON,
Deadline: Application closes by 2.00 pm, Friday November 1, 2014 (please confirm from them).
Link: Click here for more