WAAW Foundation Scholarship for 2015 opens for applications for female undergraduate students of African origin. WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. WAAW promotes Science and Technology education among African girls, and works to ensure they are engaged in technology innovation for Africa
Worth of award
- Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities.
- Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2015 academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic
Location of study
The scholarship is tenable in African universities
Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of award year
- Please note that they do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or phd) programs,
- Second or subsequent degrees,
- Students older than 32 years,
- Non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees.
- Eligible courses include: All fields of Engineering, all Computer Science, Science & Math related fields (e.g. Industrial Chemisty, Environmental Science), Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Zoology, Agriculture, Geography, Economics and Statistics, Biology, Botany, Geology, Genetics, IT, and Pharmacy
- Examples of courses that are not eligible: Nursing, ICT, Diploma, Mass Communication, Social Sciences, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Education, Law, Sociology, Health, Library Science, Gender Studies, Journalism, Secretarial Science, International Relations, Guidence/Counseling, Commerce, Medicine and Surgery, Catering/Hospitality, Food Science/Nutrition
The scholarship is open to all African Countries
Level of study
How to Apply
- Applications are to be sent online.
- You are strongly encouraged to like their facebook page to be informed or considered for scholarshiphttp: //www.facebook.com/waawfoundation
- Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online.
Documents to send include:
- Application form filled out completely. They will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education.
- Two academic/professional references You must provide 2 letters of reference, one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor.. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
- ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- For further information or inquiries please email:
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from 2015_ScholarshipReferenceLetter and emailed to [email protected]
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to [email protected] or to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to [email protected]
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to u
Application closes on October 31, 2014
Link: Click to read more about the scholarship