The Mandela Magdalene College Scholarship for South Africans is open to South African citizens to do a one-year postgraduate at the University of Cambridge in subjects relevant to the needs of South Africa for the 2014-2015 academic session.
Degree: One-year postgraduate
Subject: Subjects relevant to the needs of South Africa
Eligibility and Condition
- This scholarship is only available for citizens of South Africa
- Candidates should be under the age of 35 and normally resident in South Africa.
Successful scholars will be expected to return to South Africa to work or study after completion of the course in Cambridge.
Worth of Awards: Variable (means-tested)
Funding partners: Magdalene College
How to Apply
- Initial application must be made to the University of Cambridge via the normal Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form. See prospectus for details
- Make it clear in your personal statement in Section B of the GRADSAF that you want to be considered for the scholarship and explain how you believe you meet any specific criteria of the scholarship
- Contact your faculty dean in the South African university you graduated from or work to nominate you
- In the section on ‘Personal funds’ that you have available, you should include significant income from all sources, including salaries, business profit, rents, dividends etc