Cambridge University invites Egyptian students to apply for the 2018 BP Scholarship for Egyptians at the University of Cambridge. The BP Cambridge Scholarship offers generous funds to Egyptian students to do a one-year postgraduate study at the University of Cambridge in some selected courses. The BP Scholarship for Egyptians is open to citizens of Egypt who are willing to return home for at least two years after the course.
This is an opportunity for Egyptians to study in one of the most prestigious universities in the world on a One year postgraduate degree in the following Subjects:
- Subjects relevant to petroleum studies
- Business studies
- Development studies
Worth of Award
- University Composition Fee
- College Fee
- Annual stipend sufficient for a single student
- Contribution towards travel costs
- This scholarship is only available for citizens of Egypt
- Scholars are required to return to Egypt to work for two years at the end of their course in Cambridge
- Priority will be given to applicants in subjects relevant to the work of BP in Eygpt – mainly Petroleum Studies, Business, Economics, and Development Studies.
- Scholars are required to return to Egypt to work for two years at the end of their course in Cambridge.
How to Apply
- Initial application must be made to the University of Cambridge via the normal Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form. Candidates for an LMB Cambridge Scholarship will subsequently be sent a request for further information.
- Make it clear in your personal statement in Section B of the GRADSAF that you want to be considered for the scholarship and explain how you believe you meet any specific criteria of the scholarship
- In the section on ‘Personal funds’ that you have available, you should include significant income from all sources, including salaries, business profit, rents, dividends etc
- Scholarships are normally awarded to candidates selected first on financial need, and second on academic strength and potential
Deadline: If you are applying for graduate study, please check and apply by the specific course deadline. Some deadlines are as early as mid-November (LLM Law) and there will be two general course deadlines of 6 December 2017 and 4 January 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply
Click here to apply for graduate study