IDEX Global Fellows Program invites individuals around the world to take part in six-months of entrepreneurial leadership training across India. Fellows gain emerging market experience while working hands on with socially-focused enterprises who deliver high impact solutions in local and global communities.
During the six-month fellowship cycle, IDEX fellows work full-time with a social enterprise partner (in India), in addition to completing IDEX’s Intrapreneur Leadership Training. In the past, Fellows have worked on projects ranging from supporting education organizations in community outreach programs to leading expansion planning for multi-city operations to expanding the networks of a health services company in India to Kenya.
Candidates are chosen from a diverse yet competitive pool of talented, passionate individuals from a wide range of geographies, professional and academic backgrounds and ethnicities. In the selection process, we are seeking to understand your passion and the value you bring to IDEX and the larger social enterprise sector.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Bachelor or Masters/Graduate Degree (BS/BA/BBA must be obtained prior to start of program);
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment;
- English fluency (written and spoken);
- Ability to legally work in India for six months (IDEX will provide more information on the business visa application process).
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience;
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
Applicants should have:
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities;
- Demonstrated passion for social enterprise and improving quality of life for low-income communities;
- Ability to work in new and challenging environments with limited resources;
- Willingness to work with low-income populations in developing economies and demonstrated practical skills in relationship building, cultural sensitivity and thrive in a start-up environment;
- High interest in working in emerging markets;
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues;
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments;
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying; creative solutions to deepen impact;
Committed to make an equity investment of time, energy and capital in their personal growth and professional developm
How to Apply
All applications are to be made online, see link below.
Deadline: Application closes on August 30, 2014