World Tourism Development invites applications for the 2014 Bloggers Competition. WTD seeks a passionate traveler, one who knows lots about tourism and it’s economic, social and environmental impact and happen to have his own blog to participate in
UNWTO’s Blogger Competition on this year’s WTD theme “Tourism and Community
- A featured post on your blog on the subject of “Tourism and Community Development
- Share your experiences: Did you have the chance to visit a community which benefited from tourism? Has your home community experienced improvements thanks to tourism?
Worth of Award
- The author of the winning post will be invited to a round trip to Mexico, with the opportunity to visit local community projects.
- The trip will end with the winner attending the official WTD Celebration taking place on 27 September in Guadalajara, Mexico, alongside UNWTO and tourism stakeholders from around the world.
To be eligible, you must be an active blogger, 18 years of age or older, with a shown track record of posts on your blog.
How to Apply
- Publish a post on your blog on the topic the institution is looking for, visit the Blogger Competition section on online (see link below) and create your entry indicating the title of your blog post, upload a picture and add a short description.
- Do contact [email protected] should you have trouble entering your post.
- You may write your post in English, French or Spanish.
- Do not exceed 500 words.
- Submitted posts must relate directly to the theme of “Tourism and Community Development” and must be written in one of the three stated languages. In addition, the jury will take into account additional elements to support and illustrate the story, such as original pictures, video, sound clips, links, etc.
Deadline: All post must be submitted before August 15, 2014. UNWTO will notify the winner by email during the week of 25 August 2014, using the email address which was provided in the competition entry form.