The University of South Australia invites applications for its University President’s Scholarships for international students in 2020. The scholarships target masters and PhD students from overseas countries who wish to study at the University.
As a research candidate at UniSA you will create new knowledge and become an expert in your field by exploring a research question that interests you.
They offer a research environment with highly experienced and engaged supervisors, extensive connections to industry, government and communities, and a focus on addressing globally significant issues. UniSA is committed to ensuring that research degree candidates experience excellent and contemporary research training and that they graduate with a skill set that improves their employment prospects.
Worth of Award
- A UPS will cover tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The living allowance must be provided by the University of South Australia centre, school, division where an applicant has applied.
- The minimum rate is the RTP Stipend base rate.
- In some cases, the living allowance may be provided by a sponsor or external funding provider.
- The benefits and conditions are based on those applicable to the RTPi scholarship; however, they may be amended depending on the source of the living allowance; any offer made will detail the benefits and conditions that apply.
- Travel expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
- You must have a University of South Australia supervisor willing to nominate you for consideration and outstanding academic records, and be a citizen of an overseas country eligible for entry to Australia for the time required to complete the research degree.
- UniSA rates each scholarship application according to the following parameters: grades obtained in undergraduate degree, referee’s reports, proposed area of research, and supervisor report.
- Applicants are ranked in descending order according to their scores on each of these criteria and scholarships are awarded based on merit. There are usually more applicants eligible for admission to research degrees than there are scholarships available.
- Generally scholarship recipients must have first-class Honours or equivalent.
- An awardee must be enrolled on a full-time basis as a candidate for a Master by Research or PhD at the University of South Australia.
- An awardee shall be enrolled as an internal candidate at the University of South Australia.
How to Apply
- All applications must be made online.
- Graduate Research Team
Tel: +61 8 8302 5880
Fax: +61 8 8302 0828
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes on August 31, 2020