Applications are now being sought for the 2014 Child Family Health International (CFHI) scholarship in Switzerland , which offers partial scholarships to international students. Scholarships are currently available for the following program months only: January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November, and December.
Worth of award
- All recipients are responsible for their own airfare.
- Up to US $500 to $1,000 may be awarded towards participation in any CFHI Global Health Education Program
- One of these scholarships is designated for CFHI’s Sight for All- Opthalmology Rotation in New Delhi, India, one is designated for CFHI’s Dentistry & Oral Health in Quito, Ecuador, and one designated for an AMSA Member.
- CFHI has also partnered with AMWA to provide one member per year with a $500 scholarship towards any CFHI program.
- Scholarships will be given to students who demonstrate a commitment to their communities as well as financial need and an interest in exchanging ideas and sharing experiences with people in Bolivia, Ecuador, Mexico, Argentina, India, South Africa and Uganda.
- Priority will be given to people of ethnicities under-represented in CFHI programs, as well as those who have had limited opportunity to travel abroad.
- All interested in attending a CFHI program during the specified program months/year and who are financially able to pay the remaining program fees along with their own airfare are encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to those who apply for scholarship consideration as well as submit an application to a CFHI program online.
How to apply
- All applications must be made online. (see link below)
- Recipients may also be required to write an article about their experience for CFHI newsletters or other publications.
- They must also be willing to report their perspective on diversity in the host country with particular focus in medical and social contexts.
- CFHI will ask recipients to act as Campus Representatives or Alumni Ambassadors for prospective CFHI participants, and may be asked to attend study abroad fairs in their local area.
Deadline: Application closes in four rounds
First stage: Application closes on November 12, 2014
Second stage: Application closes on March 4, 2015
Third stage: Application closes on July 15, 2015
Fourth stage: Application closes on June 17, 2015