Hague Academy for Local Governance in the Netherlands invites applications for the 2014 fellowship, which seeks to invests in the capacity building of young ambitious local practitioners from developing countries through unique professional training and internship Talent programmes.
Talent for Governance offers young local government practitioners in these countries the possibility to take part in a Talent programme in The Netherlands aimed at training and knowledge exchange.
Worth of Award
- The programme takes three weeks.
- All Talent programme’s have these three components:
- Training course at The Hague Academy for Local Governance (two week)
- Internship at a Dutch local authority ( municipality, waterboard or province) ( one week)
- Networking activities
- After the programma the talent will implement a Back-Home-Action plan, which he/she wrote during the programme. Regular reports on the progress of this plan will be posted online.
- To be considered for participation in the Talent for Governance programme a candidate needs to:
- work for a local government ( e.g. district, municipality, city, region, province, water board etc.)
- work in one of the countries listed on the DAC countrylist;
- be 37 years of age or younger;
- have at least two years of work experience in local governance and have the intend to work there for at least two years more;
- speak and understand the English language well (all programmes are in English);
- be able to write and vocally defend his/her motivation for- and the relevance of the specific programme;
- be able to identify an issue/project as a Real-Life-Case within the theme of the programme for which he/she will write a Back-Home-Action Plan during the Talent programme;
- have complete support of the employer to participate in the programme and to implement the Back-Home-Action plan when returned home;
How to Apply
- All applications must be made online (See link below)
- All Talentprogrammes are based on a different topic with the overall theme of good local governance. One of the selection criteria is that the talents need to be able to argue the relevance of the choice of programme topic. So be sure you make the right choice and answer to the right call for applications when its published. To check out the programme topics you can read more on the website of The Hague Academy for Local Governance and look up the courses on Climate Change & Resilient cities and the one on Local Economic Development (or use the links above on this page). Please beware that the Talentprogramme takes one more week than a regular training programme of the Hague Academy due to the internship week following the training course.
Deadline; Application closes on July 13, 2014
Click here for more information and to apply.