Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master, doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate – level academic mobility program, to participate in the 2015 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements.
Worth of Award
- Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution.
- Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting in the third month of the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico.)
- Transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship, if studying outside of Mexico City.
- Monthly stipend of $8,074.80Mexican pesos (equivalent to USD$ 595 .934) for degree research , Spanish language and Mexican culture courses.
- Monthly stipend of $10,093.50 Mexican pesos ( equivalent to USD$ 744.912) for
- doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations
- Expenses Not Covered by the Scholarship
- Academic costs (registration and tuition) if not waivedby the academic institution or authorized by the Foreign Ministry
- Fees for transferring academic credits and course revalidation
- Cost of printing a thesis
- Fees for obtaining the diploma
- Registration in the National Registry of Foreign Citizens
- Other expense s not mentioned above
- Undergraduate and graduate mobility programs One academic term (quarter, trimester or semester
- Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent,for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions .
- Graduate research and postdoctoral fellowships 12 months (1 month minimum) Specialization
- s 1year 2 years Doctorate s 3 years Medical specialities and subspecialties 3 years
- Scholarships are not granted for direct Ph.D. programs (combined M.A. and Ph.D.programs), distance learning programs, open or online education.
The following academic programs are not eligible for scholarships:
- Business administration, plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry and advertising, and related areas.
- If the academic program requires a thesis and an end -of-course exam,the student must finish the thesis and take the exam before the specified end date of the scholarship.
How to Apply
The applicant must submit the documents in the following order:
- Official nomination of his/her government
- Application form 2015 Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students (See link below)
- A letter explaining why the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico
- Curriculum vitae (maximum of three pages
- Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution indicating the length of the program with start and end dates and the method of study
- Copy of the diploma for the last degree obtained
- Copy of the transcript of the last degree obtained showing a minimum grade point average of 8/10.
- If a different scale is used, the equivalent on a 10-point scale mustbe submitted.
- For mobility scholarships, academic credit for the classes or course of study that will be taken in Mexico
- Candidates already in Mexico must have a current immigration document with a temporary student resident visa (card) include certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish from a university or language center
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of passport
- Original medical certificate, issued by a public institution no more than three months prior to submitting the application
- Eight recent photographs (not digital), full-face front view, white background, 3 cm x 3cm.
- Write name and nationality on the back.
- Documents in any language other than Spanish must be accompanied by a Spanish translation.
- Incomplete files and original documents will not be accepted (except for the medical certificate, which must be submitted in the original).
- Applicants may submit a contact letter from the institution while applying for the scholarship and continue with the process and requriements of the host institution.
Deadline: Applications for the scholarships will be accepted till July 31, 2014