The CSIR South Africa Cambridge Scholarship is a fully funded PhD scholarship for South Africans to study any subject within the fields of Science and Technology as determined by the Council for Scientific & Industrial Research, South Africa, who are the partner sponsors.
Subject: Any subject within the fields of Science and Technology, as determined by CSIR.
Worth of Awards
- University Composition Fee
- College Fee
- Annual stipend, sufficient for a single person
Eligibility and Conditions:
- This scholarship is only available for citizens of South Africa
- Applicants should be engaged in research projects at CSIR, and are likely to be required to hold a Masters degree from a recognised university
- Successful candidates may be required to return to South Africa to work there for an agreed period following completion of their PhD.
Funding partners: Council for Scientific & Industrial Research, South Africa
How to Apply
- Initial application must be made to the University of Cambridge via the normal Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form. See prospectus for details.
- Make it clear in your personal statement in Section B of the GRADSAF how you believe you meet any specific criteria of the scholarship
- In the section on ‘Personal funds’ that you have available, you should include significant income from all sources, including salaries, business profit, rents, dividends etc.
- Scholarships are normally awarded to candidates selected first on financial need, and second on academic strength and potential
Deadline: December 2, 2011.
For more information about the scholarship, click here.
You can access the University graduate prospectus by clicking here.