The Rwanda Cambridge Scholarship is open to postgraduate applicants who are citizens of Rwanda and who are prepared to return to the country after their study to contribute to its development. It is sponsored by the Ministry of Education, Rwanda.
Degree: One year taught postgraduate or PhD
Subject: Any subject
Funding partners: Ministry of Education, Rwanda
Worth of Award
- University Composition Fee
- College Fee
- Annual stipend, sufficient for a single person
- Annual return travel between Rwanda and the UK
Eligibility and Conditions
- This scholarship is only available for citizens of Rwanda
- Preference will be given to applications in subjects that contribute to the development of Rwanda
- Candidates should be working in, or intend to work in, higher education institutes or public administration in Rwanda
- Successful candidates will be asked to sign an agreement to return to and work in Rwanda after completion of their course of study in Cambridge
- Successful candidates for PhDs will also be expected to return annually to Rwanda for short periods to share their experiences or contribute in other ways.
How to Apply
- Initial application must be made to the University of Cambridge via the normal Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form. See prospectus for details
- Make it clear in your personal statement in Section B of the GRADSAF how you believe you meet any specific criteria of the scholarship
- In the section on ‘Personal funds’ that you have available, you should include significant income from all sources, including salaries, business profit, rents, dividends etc.
- scholarships are normally awarded to candidates selected first on financial need, and second on academic strength and potential
Deadline: December 2, 2011
For more information about the scholarship, click here.
To access the University graduate prospectus, and apply, clicking here.