The University of Adelaide, Australia, is offering scholarships to 40 new international students undertaking undergraduate study in the university. The University of Adelaide is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. Established in 1874, it is the third oldest university in Australia. As the aim of the Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships, AIUS, is to attract excellent applicants from a wide range of countries, factors such as country of citizenship and program of study may also be taken into consideration in some cases in the scholarship selection process.
Worth of Award
- Provides a waiver of 25% of the annual tuition fee for each year of the program for the full duration of the program, up to a maximum of four years;
- Up to 40 scholarships available each year;
- Available for commencing international undergraduate students only;
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand);
- Available for study in any discipline except Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Oral Health and Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
- Open to eligible applicants completing Foundation Studies or secondary studies overseas or in Australia, or those transferring into the later years of an undergraduate degree with advanced standing
- The selection process for the Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships is competitive, with academic achievement forming the main basis for scholarship selection. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level which is the equivalent of a GPA of 6/7 (85%) for a scholarship.
How to Apply
- Applicants must have received an offer of admission from the University before lodging their scholarship application (applicants with a conditional offer may apply, but will need to accept and meet the conditions of their offer before a scholarship can be confirmed)
- Scholarship selection is based on academic merit (in certain cases country of citizenship and program of study may also be taken into consideration when awarding scholarships)
- Applications will be considered and scholarships offered on a rolling basis until all scholarships have been awarded
- Successful applicants will be notified within 4 to 6 weeks of lodging the scholarship application; unsuccessful applicants will NOT be contacted.
Deadline: application closes:
For students commencing in Semester 2 2014: June 23, 2014
For students commencing in Semester 1 2015: January 26, 2014
Click here for more details and to apply online