The University of Southampton invites applications for the 2015 Dean’s PhD Scholarships for International Students. Up to 5 new PhD Scholarships will be available every year.
The purpose of these awards is to attract outstanding international students to study for a PhD in FPSE.
Worth of Award
- The award covers the tuition fee for 3.5 years and the students and/or their supervisors will be responsible for the stipend over the duration of the PhD. Demand for these scholarships is expected to be high and applications with partial tuition fee funding (such as the University funding for CSC sponsored PhD candidates) will have higher priority.
- Up to 5 awards covering international tuition fees for 3.5 years
- The scheme is only available to students studying for a PhD
- Part-time students are eligible. The amount of funding will be reduced pro-rata, and the time over which the award is given can be increased pro-rata
- The student should start on or before December 1st 2014
- The first year’s funding will be allocated initially, with subsequent funding subject to satisfactory progress of the student
- The primary criterion for allocation of the scholarships is the academic quality of the candidate as judged from their completed application form/transcripts and references.
How to Apply
- Applications should be sent to Julia Quinn-Parsons ([email protected]).
- Applications will be considered by a panel chaired by the Associate Dean Research and attended by the Director of the Faculty Graduate School and the Head of Faculty Finance.
Deadline: The deadline for applications using the FPSE PGR Scholarship template is March 31, 2015 and each year. Winners of the scholarships must be able to confirm the required matching funding (for the stipend) is in place by Monday June, 2, 2014.
Click here for details and to apply online