The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship for those who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology a the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand in 2022.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand). These fellowships will enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology. In view of this, BIOTEC is seeking 1 position for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of
- molecular biology,
- microbiology, and
- biosensors technology.
Worth of Award
To make this possible, BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs such as accommodation and food.
As a matter of fact, applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a PhD degree in any of the aforementioned fields or related disciplines.
- meet the requirements of the postdoctoral position available at BIOTEC and its research units.
Furthermore, they must
- apply for the fellowship within FIVE years of having obtained a PhD degree in all the fields of natural sciences specified above.
- must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division at [email protected] who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters.
Moreso, they must also
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country upon completion of the fellowship.
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How to Apply
In like manner, applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
Deadline: The closing date for receipt of applications is August 1, 2022.