Applications are now being invited for the 2014 University of Bradford Global Developmet Scholarship in UK. These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
Worth of Award
- Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April.
- Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000.
- There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for students from Pakistan, there will be a further two scholarships available for students from the other countries listed above.
- Application forms can be completed online, see link below
- Students from the following developing countries are to apply.
- However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
- Applicants must meet the English language requirement.
How to Apply
Tips for a successful application from the scholarship panel
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- Please write as full and detailed a statement as possible. Remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
Deadline: All completed forms must be received by Thursday 29 May 2014