School of Arts and Humanities, Nottingham Trent University in UK invites applications from interested and qualified individuals for the 2014/2015 scholarship for international students.
The scholarship is for students in the field of MA Journalism (Magazine, Newspaper, Broadcast), MA Media and Globalisation, MA ELT and MA International Development international applicants.
Worth of Award: The half fee scholarship is awarded as a tuition-fee reduction. There is no cash alternative.
- You must be holding an NTU offer when you apply (please do not submit your scholarship application before or with your application to study at NTU.
- You must be classed as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes.
- They cannot consider applications from students who are currently studying at NTU, unless progressing onto a new postgraduate course.
- MA Journalism (Magazine, Newspaper, Broadcast), MA Media and Globalisation, MA ELT and MA International Development international applicants.
How to Apply
- Selection is based on academic attainment and a research proposal or summary of past research and/or applied experience. It is therefore of great importance that you submit your supporting transcripts directly to them.
- All applications should be word-processed when submitted.
- Applicants may be requested to interview following written applications.
- Scholarships are competitive and are based on academic attainment. It is therefore of great importance that you submit your academic documents, and that you give your proposal or summary of past research and/or applied experience careful thought and preparation.
- If your scholarship application is successful you may be asked to appear in NTU marketing materials which may involve providing a student profile and a photograph.
- Applicants must complete EITHER (a) OR (b) as outlined below.
- (a) A research proposals which addresses:
- Title (max. of 1 sentence)
- Brief summary of relevant background literature (max. of 350 words)
- Aims and objectives (max. of 3)
- Proposed methods (max. of 350 words)
- Proposed / possible implications of the research (max. of 50 words)
(b) Summary of past research and/or applied (e.g. industrial placement) experience (max. of 500 words)
The application form should be returned to:
Subject Administration Manager,
Mary Ann Evans Building 001A,
Nottingham Trent University,
Clifton Lane, Nottingham,
or emailed to [email protected]
Deadline: Application deadline is July 25, 2014. These scholarships are available for International students only. You should expect to hear if your application has been successful no later than30 August 2014.
Click here for more details and to apply online