The National University of Singapore invites applications from prospective qualified undergraduate candidates for the 2014 Tembusu Partners Scholarship. Tembusu Partners Scholarships are designated for undergraduates residing at Tembusu College. The recipient must possess outstanding academic results and exhibit qualities of an “all-rounder”.
Tembusu is a private equity investment firm investing in growth-stage companies and generating optimal returns for both investee companies and investors. Headquartered in Singapore, its primary geographical markets are within Emerging Asia, comprising China, India and Southeast Asia.
Worth of Award: The scholarship is valued at $10,000 annually and is bond-free.
- be full-time NUS undergraduates in the Academic Year 2014/2015, have completed at least 2 semesters of undergraduate studies and achieved a minimum CAP of 3.5
- preferably be Singapore Citizens
- be residing at Tembusu College
- have strong leadership qualities and potential
- have outstanding extra-curricular activities records
- The scholarship is tenable annually to the undergraduate residing at a residential college at NUS UTown, on condition that the scholar is deemed to have actively contributed to residential college life, and have fulfilled the University’s prevailing guidelines for scholarships in terms of academic performance. Academic performance is monitored on a semester basis. Renewal of the scholarship requires the recommendation of the College Master and the approval by the Office of the Provost.
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
How to Apply
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis of competition among eligible candidates
- Recipients will be selected from among the best in each cohort.
- All candidates interviewed may be considered for all UTown scholarships, where eligible.
- Interviews are expected to be conducted in July.
- Interest and ability to contribute to residential college life and to the programme, leadership qualities and potential, co-curricular records and other capabilities will be assessed during the interview.
Deadline: Applications are still being received. Contact them if you have questions.
Click here for more details and to apply online