Magaret McNamara Memorial FundMMMFseeks applications from women for the Africa Grants Programme award 2014. The grant is an education grant for women who want to make a difference.
The MMMF awards education grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and strengthen their leadership skills. It is for women enrolled at the following universities in South Africa:
- University of Witwatersrand,
- University of Stellenbosch,
- University of Pretoria and
- University of Cape Town
Worth of Award: Successful applicants will be communicated on the worth of the award
- Only applicants planning to return to a developing country (it does not have to be their home country) are considered eligible for this grant.
- If planned further studies are likely to prevent an applicant from returning to her own or another developing country within two years of completing the use of the MMMF grant, she will not be considered eligible for this grant.
- South Africa is on the MMMF Country Eligibility List. Therefore, South Africans fulfilling all other criteria, as stated on the MMMF website, will be considered eligible for an MMMF grant.
- Eligible applicants are women from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand and must meet all criteria listed below:
- Demonstrate a commitment and record of service to women and/or children in the developing world.
- Plan to return to a developing country about two years after completing their degree.
- Demonstrate financial need by providing relevant financial information.
- Be enrolled at one of the four universities in South Africa mentioned above for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled the subsequent year covered by the grant.
- Be a national of an eligible developing or middle-income country
- Demonstrate good academic performance at the university where she is registered.
- Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline.
- Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or their spouse
- Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
How to Apply
A complete application package consists of the following (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- Choose one of the following options to start/access your online application:
- First Time User: Register to apply
- Returning User: Log-in to continue with application
Two (2) recommendation forms are required. Please make sure to fill out the referees section in the Online Application form because this will be used to send a reminder to your referee.
- One recommendation must be from a professor from your present institution.
- The second recommendation may be from a former professor/supervisor from your country or from individuals who have known you for at least two semesters.
- Click here to download the recommendation form
- The recommendation forms must be filled-out and submitted to [email protected]
- Copy of your passport picture page
- If you are not South African a copy of your South Africa visa / study permit;
- Copy of your Official transcripts from your current university only: – (if your program is for research and without grades, a progress report from a supervising professor must be submitted with institutional seal and Registrar’s signature)
- Official confirmation of registration in your academic institution for current semester: – with institutional seal and Registrar’s signature. Acceptance Letters are not needed and do not substitute for Proof of Registration/Enrollment.
Deadline: closing date is August 15, 2014.
Click here to apply and for more details.