Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students for scholarships to undertake the degree of Masters by Research or Doctorate by Research at the The University of Western Australia (UWA).
The aim of the UWA SIRF scheme is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to areas in which the University has specialised research strengths and to support Australia’s research effort.
Worth of Award
- Successful applicants can expect to become members of a research team working under the direction of senior researchers and in an area which has attracted external resources.
- These scholarships cover International Tuition Fees for up to four (4) years, as well as Overseas Health Cover for the award holder only.
- SIRF scholarships do not cover the cost of health insurance premiums for dependants of the award holder. SIRF awardees may also be awarded a full living allowance scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to0 international students.
Applications for SIRF scholarships are rated according to the following criteria
- Academic achievement
- English language achievement
- Research training achievement; and
- Proposed research environment.
- Allocation of scholarships is the outcome of a competitive ranking and selection process in which applications are scored and ranked by Schools, Faculties and the University Scholarships Committee, according to these common criteria on the basis of evidence provided.
- Please note: SIRF scholarships can only be awarded to applicants who have also been offered a living allowance scholarship equivalent to the Australian Postgraduate Award.
How to Apply
- Application for a scholarship is also an application for admission to the University.
Deadline: Application closes on August 28, 2014
Click here to read more about the scholarship