The American University of Cairo (AUC) invites applications for the Fellowships for Refugees in the 2023/2024 application season.
The fellowships for refugees are competitive fellowship awards for bright, highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to a number of refugees for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
The fellowship is awarded for a maximum duration of five semesters and one intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance. For the Counseling Psychology graduate program, the duration may be extended to a maximum of seven semesters.
Worth of Award
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Housing allowance or accommodation at the University residences based on the need
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- May cover remedial English language requirements
- Refugee status
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- Students must maintain full-time status.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here.
How to Apply
Check how to apply and submit the online application
Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
Deadline: January 15 for the fall semester and October 17 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email to [email protected].