The Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation, in collaboration with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government, is inviting applications for the 2023 AIG Public Leaders Programme class.
The AIG Public Leaders Programme is a unique programme that offers senior public servants in Africa an immersive executive education experience aimed at strengthening the skills they need to build cultures of excellence, effectiveness, and integrity throughout the institutions they lead. Programme graduates can enhance their countries’ development through improved public policy conceptualisation and implementation. The Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation will award scholarships to public servants who are successful in the application process.
Worth of Award
Participants work on these critical skills:
Harnessing digital technology
Reducing cognitive bias in decision-making
Strengthening organisational effectiveness
Maintaining personal integrity
To ensure each participant can get the most out of the programme, ample opportunities are offered to pull together the skills and conceptual frameworks learned in each session, including through project work and group reflection.
After weeks of blended teaching, programme participants are given a window of time to develop a capstone project, allowing them to apply key learnings from the programme to their day-to-day workings.
- Be citizens of any African country and currently working within the African public sector.
- Have a minimum of seven years of active service in the public sector.
- Be at the Directorate level or equivalent.
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership qualities and abilities.
- Provide a letter of endorsement from your Ministry, Department, or Agency.
- Provide a record of promotion within your Ministry, Department, or Agency over the last five (5) years.
How to Apply
Applications are done online via their website. Please see the link below.
Deadline: Applications for the 2023/2024 AIG Public Leaders Programme close Monday, April 17, 2023.