University of Sydney offers a limited number of full-time postgraduate research scholarships to outstanding international students wishing to undertake a research doctorate degree (PhD) in the Faculty of Science.
Applications are sought from top-performing students currently enrolled in the final year of either a four-year Bachelors degree in Science or a four-year Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree in Science, at an international university.
The final year of the degree must include an independent research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the final year marks awarded. The award of the scholarship is competitive on the basis of academic merit.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship consists of the full cost of academic tuition fees plus a stipend equivalent to an Australian Postgraduate Award indexed annually (APA stipend rates for 2014 are $25,392 for full-time students), and is awarded for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with a possible extension of up to a maximum of one year.
- Be currently enrolled in the final year of either a four-year Bachelors degree in Science or a four-year Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree in Science, at an international university (a non-Australian university). The final year of the degree must include a research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the marks awarded.Have achieved a GPA greater than 85 or an average A grade, or have a relevant subject specific GPA of 90, or equivalent;
- May not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia;
- Be commencing full time postgraduate study at the University for the first time;
- Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee scholarship;
- Successfully complete their 4th year of their current Bachelors Degree in Science meeting the academic requirements of the scholarship and complete in time to commence studies at the University of Sydney in semester two, 2015.
Selection for a Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is a merit-based and highly competitive process. Candidates will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic excellence through current studies; and
- Demonstrated high quality, innovative research capacity.
- Applications will be reviewed and final selections decided by a committee comprising senior University of Sydney academic staff, and may include international representatives.
- The final selection of Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship candidates will be completed in November. Offer letters will be issued to successful applications shortly thereafter.
Deadline: Applications closes on October 31, 2014
Click here for details and to apply online