The Youth4Climate Challenge: Call for Solutions applications are open for the 2022/2023 application round.
This challenge focuses on the development of solutions and provides an opportunity to generate and implement innovative approaches to drive climate action.
The awards include financial support for proposals and non-financial support, such as support to communication, mentoring and training programmes, in collaboration with Italian and international partners including research institutes, universities and UN agencies.
The goal of the Youth4Climate Challenge is to provide seed funding for youth-led and youth-inclusive solutions to enhance youth leadership and action to achieve impact on the ground.
In September 2022, UNDP launched the first call for solutions of the initiative, inviting young innovators, entrepreneurs and climate leaders from around the world to apply for innovation challenges around four main areas:
- Food and Agriculture
- Urban Resilience
Worth of Award
- The maximum available prize for each proposal is 20,000 USD and ideas should be implemented over the course of a maximum of two years from the time of signature of the agreement between the winner and UNDP, following the announcement of the winners currently scheduled for September 2023.
Candidates are not expected to have significant prior experience, the idea is to inspire young people from around the world to focus their skills and creativity to address the climate emergency.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the selection criteria
- Make sure to download and fill in the following templates for the preparation of your log frame and budget
- Annexe 1: Youth4Climate Budget Note 2022
- Annex 2: Youth4Climate Logframe
Deadline: Submit your proposal by 23:59 on 31 March 2023, CET