University of Nevada invites applications for the Graduate Deans Fellowships and Merit Scholarships in the USA for the 2023/24 academic session.
The Graduate School will award a combination of fellowships and merit scholarships each academic year. This is to an elite selection of master’s and doctoral students who show the potential to make substantive contributions to their discipline.
Worth of Award
There are typically seven (7) one-year fellowships in the amount of $40,000 per academic year ($20,000 per semester, paid out in two installments of $10,000).
- The applicant must be a fully admitted, incoming domestic or international student who has been offered admission to a degree-granting doctoral program (PhD or doctorate). The program should be at the University of Nevada, Reno at the time of nomination.
- The applicant must meet the minimum requirements for admission to a doctoral degree-granting program at the University of Nevada, Reno Graduate School. They can either be domestic or international students.
- Fellows must maintain satisfactory academic progress for financial aid throughout the period of the fellowship. They must also enroll in nine or more units per semester.
- During the period of the Graduate Dean’s Fellowship award, the student cannot hold other fellowships or a Graduate Dean’s Merit Scholarship.
- Fellows also cannot hold a position of employment with the University or elsewhere during the fall and spring semesters of the fellowship award. Summer employment during the months of June and July at the end of the fellowship is permitted.
How to Apply
Apply for the Graduate Deans Fellowships online via the official website.
Deadline: The first nomination period will end Monday, February 27, 2023. While the second nomination period will be between Monday, March 13, 2023, and Monday, April 3, 2023. Fall nominations will be due September 18, 2023.