Applications for the PhET Fellowship for Practicing Educators advancing Math and Science in Latin America and Africa in 2023 are currently open.
PhET Fellows are practicing educators committed to:
- advancing student learning of math and science;
- improving teacher learning and uptake of math and science pedagogies; and
- engaging in professional leadership growth through activities that increase accessibility and impact of PhET simulations.
The Fellows will serve as the central actors of the PhET Global Community by leveraging their direct link to PhET team members and their robust professional networks.
- Improve PhET sim access by disseminating PhET simulations and pedagogy.
- Improve PhET sim impact by providing professional development opportunities for other educators.
- Embed PhET Fellowship activities directly into their existing work and professional activities.
- Participate in 150+ hours of professional development with 20+ other educators across the globe.
- With the support of PhET, develop and execute a Professional Leadership Plan to increase PhET sim access and impact by influencing other educators in your region.
Worth of Award
By becoming a PhET Fellow you
- improve your pedagogical practice with PhET sims to improve teaching and learning in your own classroom.
- connect with highly-motivated mathematics and science teachers across your continent and the globe.
- improve the quality of mathematics and science teaching and learning in your school, region, country, and the world.
- are identified as an educational leader, and receive compensation and a certificate for your efforts.
- Formal and informal math and science educators located in Latin America and Africa (e.g., school teachers, university faculty, museum educators, subject advisers, curriculum specialists, program managers, instructional coaches, school support staff, researchers, EdTech specialists, policymakers, etc.) who have regular access to learners (secondary or tertiary level students and/or pre-service/in-service teachers who will impact education at any level), who have Spanish fluency (for Latin America) or English fluency (for Africa), and who have reliable internet connectivity with access to a computer, camera, and microphone.
- Teachers from rural areas and from communities historically underrepresented in STEM fields are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Your application should include
- CV / Resume
- letter of institutional support
Deadline: March 1, 2023.