Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC), University of Ottawa, is offering masters scholarship of $15,000 to promote research in the area of human rights.
The scholarship is paid in three equal installments over a period of one year. It is available for a Canadian or international student entering the first year of Masters Studies in Law (LL.M.) or the first or second year of Masters studies in the Social Sciences (M.A.) at the University of Ottawa and whose area of research is human rights.
- Candidates must have received full-time admission to the Masters program at the Faculty of Law or a Masters program at the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ottawa.
- The candidate must demonstrate a significant interest in human rights which will be evident from her or his personal, professional and/or academic experience.
- Candidates are invited to consult the HRREC website in order to demonstrate in their application how they can contribute to the research activities of the Centre.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit:
- Cover letter confirming eligibility and outlining the candidate’s interest in the area of human rights. This letter should also explain how he/she envisages contributing to the activities of the HRREC; (5 pages maximum)
- Original transcripts, or copies of transcripts if originals were already included in the submission for admission to a Masters program at the University of Ottawa;
- A summary description of the thesis topic; (2 pages maximum)
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae.
Deadline: Application closes on June 13, 2014
Applications must be submitted by email to Viviana Fernandez, Assistant Director at HRREC, at [email protected] Please indicate “Gordon F. Henderson Human Rights Scholarship 2014” in the subject line of the email.
Click here for details and to apply online