WomEng invites applications for the #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador in South Africa in 2023.
#1MillionGirlsInSTEM is a 10-year global commitment, initiated in 2017 at the United Nations Headquarters, aiming to reach 1 million girls globally, through Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education and awareness initiatives . This programme is in collaboration with UNESCO. WomEng has developed advocacy tools including its LaunchPad workshop toolkit, and a virtual platform to track the reach of the campaign.
Worth of Award
As an ambassador you are a change maker who is shaping a new world for the next generation of leaders in STEM. Alongside this, the benefits of being a part of this outreach campaign include:
- Training on how to run grassroots initiatives for STEM education
- Receiving a Brand Ambassador Toolkit
- Aligning yourself with a global campaign endorsed by UNESCO and related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Monitoring and tracking your social impact on the leader board
- Be profiled as a change maker on WomEng platforms
- Receive exclusive funding opportunities
#1MillionGirlsinSTEM ambassadors are people who are passionate about creating awareness of the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in solving local and global problems.
2. Hosting WomEng LaunchPad workshops for girls in schools and communities.
3. Hosting STEM-related programmes such as coding workshops, robotic workshops, etc. that include girls.
4. Assisting in content creation (i.e. writing blogs, newsletters, product reviews, etc.)
5. Being an opinion leader in their community, advocating for girls in STEM
How to Apply
You can access the application link here.
Deadline: Applications for the #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador are ongoing.