Applications for the Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law Scholarship in Germany for the 2023/24 academic session are currently open.
The structured PhD programme welcomes applications of graduates from both legal studies and other disciplines who are keen to produce ambitious doctoral work in an excellent research environment.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers study costs.
- Successful applications must have proven their ability to produce excellent academic performance, generally demonstrated by an outstanding degree (cf. § 3 PromO AMBSL) in law or a non-legal research-orientated master’s degree (in particular in business administration, political science, or sociology)
- Students whose first language is neither English nor German are required to prove their language proficiency by providing relevant certificates (for details see: Application documents on the right side of this page).
- The applicant must present a suitable doctoral topic which corresponds to the research areas of the Graduate School
How to Apply
Application documents include
- application form
- tabular curriculum vitae
- index of all publications to date (optional)
- research proposal (up to four pages)
- personal statement about why you are applying to the Albrecht Mendelssohn-Bartholdy Graduate School
- two recommendations from professors attesting to suitability for doctoral work
- language certificates (German or English): Non-native speakers who write their dissertations in German or English must prove their language skills by submitting relevant certificates. German: TestDaF or DSH; English: certificate proving C1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This requires test scores of at least 100 in the TOEFL ibT / 7 in the IELTS / 945 in TOEIC. The TOEFL DI Code is 2258.
Applications can be submitted either via the application form or post to:
Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy
Graduate School of Law
Fakultät für Rechtswissenschaft
Deadline: Applications for the class of 2023/24 will be accepted till February 15, 2023.