Applications for the One Young World Credit Suisse Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14 in 2023 are currently open.
Preserving our oceans is highlighted by the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 14. Thus addressing ocean pollution and advocating for ocean conservation not only has an environmental benefit but ultimately also a profound economic one. The Challenge aims to surface and support impactful enterprises that look to further narrow the gap in achieving SDG 14.
Credit Suisse welcomes entrepreneurs with for-profit enterprises that help improve ocean health, in any form, to submit their business plans for consideration.
This challenge invites participants from the examples below, however not restricted to, solutions that could protect and/or restore existing ocean-based resources. For example:
- Reducing marine waste (along any part of the value chain).
- Alternatives to single use plastic packaging/materials.
- Support sustainable aquaculture practices.
- Preventing food waste and food loss along the food supply chain from post-harvest to the retail and consumer level.
- Provide marine conservation benefits.
Alternatively, solutions linked to opportunities for enhanced or new economic activity derived from the ocean. For example:
- Ocean related energy.
- Blue carbon initiatives.
- Minimize shipping contribution to climate change.
Worth of Award
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023
- A US$50,000 grant from Credit Suisse
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Credit Suisse professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Evidently aligned with the SDG14 challenge.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Be a registered business operating with a for-profit model.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
- Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
How to Apply
Apply for the One Young World Credit Suisse Lead 2030 Challenge online via the official website.
Deadline: March 1, 2023.