Applications for the Swedish Institute Creative Partnerships Programme in 2023 are currently open.
Creative Partnerships is a new initiative that replaces the Creative Force programme. It will grant funding to Swedish organizations and their international partners in civil society, culture, and the media. The programme will support projects which aim to promote democracy, human rights, and freedom of expression.
Creative Partnerships is open to projects in the following countries (by region):
- Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Eastern Europe: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine. Important: we will not grant funding to projects with Belarus that involve the state, regional or municipal sectors.
- MENA: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
- Western Balkans & Türkiye: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Türkiye
Worth of Award
There are two types of funding
Seed funding: This type of grant is available for preparing or planning a cooperation project. You and your international partner(s) can apply for up to SEK 200,000 for a project which you must complete within 12 months from the starting date.
Cooperation projects: This type of grant is available for larger projects which aim to bring about an exchange of knowledge with the partner organization and/or the wider target group or strengthen their professional capacity. You and your international partner(s) can apply for up to SEK 2 million for a project which you must complete within 24 months from the starting date.
- Swedish organizations (legal entities) from civil society and the public or private sectors. You must apply with a partner in one or more of the target countries listed above.
- Your organization must be registered as a legal entity in Sweden.
- Your organization must have been registered in Sweden for at least two years.
- Your project partner may represent civil society or the public or private sectors in the target country. Formal or informal cultural actors, networks of journalists or other types of media organization also qualify as partners.
How to Apply
You must send proof of the following:
- Authorized signatory for the Swedish organization
- The Swedish applicant organization’s Swedish bank account (not necessary if you have Swedish plusgiro/bankgiro).
- The Swedish applicant organization’s registration number.
- If you have a “enskild firma” it is important that you have “F-skattbevis”.
Deadline: Applications for the Swedish Institute Creative Partnerships are open until February 15 by 23.59 (Swedish time).