The University of Melbourne invites applications for the General Studies Scholarship in Australia for the 2023/24 academic session.
This Scholarship supports students from disadvantaged backgrounds to make the transition to university. The University of Melbourne is equipped with state-of-the-art campuses. It is creating a range of sustainable facilities and precincts to enable ground-breaking discovery and collaboration through the 21st century.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is worth up to $5,000. These scholarships are designed to contribute to the costs associated with beginning university, such as Student Services and Amenities Fees, books, discipline-specific equipment, and technological devices.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- meet the criteria for entry to the Diploma in General Studies; and
- enroll full-time in your course, unless documentary evidence for reasons why you cannot enroll full-time is provided; and
- remain enrolled in the DIGS until after the census date in each semester.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- demonstrate financial need; or
- meet the rural student criteria; or
- be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander
Preference is given to students from the Hume region.
How to Apply
Apply online for the General Studies Scholarship via the official website.
Deadline: March 8, 2023.