Universities Federation of Animal Welfare invites applications for the Animal Welfare Student Scholarships for the 2023/24 academic session.
Projects may be carried out anywhere in the world. If the location of the study is not at the university or institute where the student is enrolled, confirmation is needed from the study host.
The project must be relevant to improving or assessing the welfare of farm, companion, laboratory, or zoo animals, or free-living wild animals whose welfare is compromised by human factors. The projects will be relatively small, due to their short duration and the early career stage of the students.
Worth of Award
- Student Scholarships consist of £250 per week subsistence allowance for the Scholar and £100 per week project expenses.
- Although typically completed during the July-September vacation, projects may be carried out at any time and usually last 4 to 8 weeks.
- Support is provided for up to 8 weeks up to a maximum of £2800, although projects themselves may be longer than this.
Applications are welcome from undergraduate or MSc students who are interested in carrying out a project in animal welfare and who are studying at universities or colleges at which there is a UFAW Link.
Please note PhD students are not eligible to apply
How to Apply
The application consists of three parts:
1. An online form with contact information and a summary of the project
2. A detailed project description (up to 3 pages)
3. A CV for the student applying (1-2 pages)
When submitting the application (ie the online form, plus two documents to be sent in an email to [email protected]) please copy in the main supervisor in the email. This is important because a confirmation email from them is needed that they are willing to take the student on.
Deadline: Closing date for the Animal Welfare Student Scholarships: February 28th, 2023.