Future Africa Leaders Foundation invites applications for the Future Africa Challenge for Young Innovators in Africa and the Diaspora in 2023.
The Challenge is a special project administered to motivate and inspire creativity in young people within Africa and Africans in the diaspora to proffer innovative solutions to the challenges in Africa. It is aimed at exploring the potentials of young innovators within 7 categories of engagement. Young innovators who are solving problems with innovative ideas, means, methods, solutions, and projects. The 7 categories of engagement include Education, Technology, Entrepreneurship, Humanitarian, Agriculture, Advocacy, and Movie.
Worth of Award
The cash grant is $10,000 for FAC winners for each of the 7 categories of engagement:
- Education: Educate-Africa,
- Technology: Tech-Africa,
- Entrepreneurship: Start-up Africa,
- Humanitarian: Touch Africa,
- Agriculture: Agric-Africa,
- Advocacy: Lead-Africa and
- Movie: See Africa.
You are eligible to apply for the Future Africa Challenge if you meet the following criteria.
- You are from Africa and an African in diaspora
- Your idea/innovation, products, means and methods meet a need in Africa.
- Provided that you are between the ages of 15-25 years, you can apply on behalf of your team, organization or co-founder.
- You are not related to ANY core member of the Future Africa Leaders Foundation and/or production crew of FAC Tv Show.
- Your company must be registered within the African continent having in mind where you are resident. If you are in the diaspora then your company must be registered in Africa.
How to Apply
To apply for the FAC, the following things MUST be done:
- Fill the application form on the website: www.futureafricaleadersfoundation.org
- Upload your elevator pitch video (Not more than 2-3 minutes)
- All of your paperwork must be valid and up to date.
- You are required to present available products, sample products or prototypes and every material you have to give you the advantage.
Deadline: The FAC application will close March 31st, 2022.