Applications for the ABGHI Global Health Innovation Challenge in Nigeria in 2023 are currently open.
Through this Challenge, ABGHI will identify and support novel solutions that draw from the experiences of affected communities to significantly improve – and in many cases, save – the lives of vulnerable people.
Proposals/concept notes should contain the following:
Summary of the Action: Please provide a Brief description of the proposed idea/innovation.
Relevance: Please describe the following:
- How relevant is your proposal to the needs and constraints of the target community?
- What are the problems to be resolved and the needs to be met?
- Who are the actors involved (final beneficiaries, target groups)?
- What are the objectives and expected results?
- What is the added value of the action
Methodology and Sustainability: Please describe the following:
- What are the main project activities?
- How will the project achieve sustainability?
Budget/Funding: Please describe the following:
- How much is needed to fund this low-cost innovative idea?
- How is this idea expected to be scalable?
Worth of Award
- 2 projects are selected yearly to receive as much as 1,000,000 Naira in funding solely towards implementation, unique mentorship, and exposure opportunities.
- These projects, solutions and ideas are expected to be low-cost, high-impact, sustainable and scalable.
- All applicants will become a part of the innovation Hub and will benefit from the mentorship and networking opportunities with peers.
- Participants will be students of any health-related and multi-disciplinary background in any higher institution in Nigeria.
- Early career young professionals are encouraged to apply.
- The participants should be between the ages of 18 – 30 years.
- Female applicants and persons living with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
- The competition will be restricted to Health themes directly related to community development.
How to Apply
Submit applications by sending CVs and Proposals to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications for the ABGHI Global Health Innovation Challenge close March 15, 2023.