Applications for the DAAD Doctoral Research Grants Programmes in Germany for the 2023/24 academic session.
Science and research in Germany are characterized by a distinguished infrastructure, a wide variety of disciplines, well-equipped research facilities, and competent staff. Furthermore, Germany offers various career opportunities for international PhD students and researchers.
Worth of Award
The scholarship includes
- Monthly payments of 1,200 euros
- Payments toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- annual research allowance. If you come from a DAC country, you will receive a flat rate of € 460 (€ 230 in the fourth year); for all other countries the grant is € 260 (€ 130 in the fourth year).
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying family members.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers
You can apply if you have above-average qualifications and you completed your Master’s degree or Diploma, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree. At the latest this should be by the time the funding period begins.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the DAAD Doctoral Research Grants are ongoing.