The Queen Mary University of London invites applications for the Principal and EPSRC DTP PhD Studentships for the 2023/24 academic session.
The multidisciplinary school is well known for its pioneering research and prides itself in its world-class projects. It is 8th in the UK for computer science research (REF 2021) and 7th in the UK for engineering research (REF 2021). The School is a dynamic community of approximately 350 PhD students and 80 research assistants working on research centred around a number of research groups in several areas. These include
- Antennas and Electromagnetics,
- Computing and Data Science,
- Communication Systems,
- Computer Vision,
- Cognitive Science,
- Digital Music,
- Games, and AI,
- Multimedia and Vision,
- Networks, Risk and Information Management,
- Robotics and Theory.
Worth of Award
The scholarship includes tuition fees and a London stipend of £19,668 per year
- Open to home and international students. Please note that the number of students with International fee status which can be recruited is capped according to the EPSRC terms and conditions so competition for International places is particularly strong.
- Open to home students. Please note that the scheme covers stipend and home tuition fees – for candidates with international fee status the difference needs to be covered from other sources.
How to Apply
Your application should include the following:
- CV (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter (max 4,500 characters) stating clearly in the first page whether you are eligible for a scholarship as a UK resident
- Research proposal (max 500 words)
- 2 References
- Certificate of English Language (for students whose first language is not English)
- Other Certificates
Deadline: The deadline for applications for the Principal and EPSRC DTP PhD is January 31st, 2023.