The Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow invite applications for the MRC Doctoral Training Programme (DTP) in Precision Medicine in the UK for the 2023/24 academic session.
There is a huge unmet need to train a generation of scientists who can excel in state-of-the-art interrogation of genetic and genomic information, developing and utilizing analytical methodologies to provide evidence to improve health and well-being. It aims to train the next generation of research leaders, experts in informatics-based approaches and biomedical technologies, who are thus able to unravel disease mechanisms and devise new therapies. It aims to train such researchers to realize the full potential of Precision Medicine.
Worth of Award
Successful applicants who meet all necessary eligibility requirements will receive a fully funded studentship including:
- Payment of annual tuition fees.
- Stipend for each of the 4 years of the PhD (based on UKRI minimum doctoral rate).
- Research Training Support Grant of 5K per annum.
- Annual Travel Grant of £300.
You must demonstrate a level of English language competency at a level that will enable you to succeed in your studies, regardless of your nationality or country of residence.
It accepts the following English language qualifications at the grades specified:
- IELTS Academic: total 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component.
- TOEFL-iBT (including Home Edition): total 92 with at least 20 in each component. It does not accept TOEFL MyBest Score to meet its English language requirements.
- C1 Advanced (CAE) / C2 Proficiency (CPE): total 176 with at least 169 in each component.
- Trinity ISE: ISE II with distinctions in all four components.
- PTE Academic: total 62 with at least 59 in each component.
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study. This is unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL, Trinity ISE or PTE, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
How to Apply
Please upload an up-to-date CV with your application for the MRC Doctoral Training Programme (DTP) via the official website.
Deadline: Decisions will be made on applications by March 31st.