The Institute for Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Technology (INSAT) invite applications for the Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship in Bulgaria for the 2023/24 academic session.
The Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship program offers the opportunity to highly motivated undergraduate students from around the world to engage in research activities in the summer under the mentorship of faculty and researchers at INSAIT. The program is modelled after the top successful summer research programs at MIT, Caltech, and ETH Zurich.
Throughout the program, summer students have to deliver a:
- project plan discussed with their mentor. The project plan should be ready at the beginning of the summer program.
- the final report which summarizes your work structured as a conference paper. Very often the aim will be for the final report to be submitted to a suitable conference.
- final presentation to be given as part of the INSAIT seminar series.
Worth of Award
- Selected students will receive a monthly stipend of 1,500 EUR to cover their living & accommodation expenses.
- The accommodation for the students will be arranged for and the cost will be deducted from their stipend. We also provide travel support for selected candidates.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in any accredited university are eligible to apply.
- The students should be enrolled in a STEM major such as computer science or math.
- To be eligible, applicants should also have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or the equivalent in the corresponding grading system.
- It strongly encourages applications from communities generally underrepresented in STEM.
How to Apply
Your application should include:
- A current CV (in pdf format)
- An unofficial transcript from your university (in pdf format)
- A one-page motivation letter (in pdf format)
Please, state (1) Why you are interested in the summer research program, (2) two research areas at INSAIT that you are interested in, (3) whether you have prior research experience
Deadline: February 25, 2023.
Click here for more details and to apply
Click here to apply