Applications for the L’Oréal Green Sciences Incubator in France in 2023 are currently open.
L’Oréal Green Sciences Incubator is looking for game-changing solutions to onboard on its innovation journey. Through this call, L’Oréal GSI will offer a unique opportunity for selected startups to collaborate with L’Oréal and reveal their potential.
Worth of Award
The collaboration will be tailored to your startup’s needs and will include:
- Co-innovative mindset – share a common project, team and space.
- A common team – collaborate with a wide range of L’Oréal experts.
- Access to L’Oréal resources – benefit from a privileged access to L’Oréal laboratory facilities.
L’Oréal is looking for innovative solutions working on:
- Biotechnology & Fermentation – culturing microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, microalgae, fungi) or cells (animal or plant) in bioreactors or controlled environments.
- Sustainable cultivation – cultural practices and technologies that aim to manage water resources, respect biodiversity and soil quality, limit land occupancy footprint and carbon emissions while providing macroscopic organisms (plant, mushroom & algae) for innovation.
- Green extraction & Physical processes – eco-respectful technology leading to a final ingredient without any (bio)chemical transformation of natural resources from plant, algae, mushrooms, organisms, cells or abundant minerals.
- Green chemistry – design of chemical products and processes that reduce or eliminate the use/generation of hazardous substances.
The incubator is particularly seeking for solutions addressing:
- Key Raw Materials challenges: green and non-ecotoxic alternatives for cationic polymers / silicones, thickeners, solvents, UV filters, dyes ; sustainable and biodegradable polymers, proteins as functional materials….
- Key cosmetic functions for skin and hair benefits: washing, caring, coloring and color control, repairing, optical effects, sensoriality, long lasting, water-resistance, shape control, skin protection and correction, adhesion, shine, resurfacing, waterless hygiene…
- Innovative techniques: Synbio, microbial/enzymatic fermentations, cell culture, water/enzyme/microwave extraction, artificial photosynthesis, surfactant-free processes, water management, circularity
This opportunity is for you if you are:
- Currently operating in another sector than cosmetics and would like to transpose your innovative solution to join the cosmetics industry with L’Oréal’s support.
- Currently operating in the cosmetics industry and would like to accelerate your solutions thanks to this collaboration.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications close February 6, 2023.