The African Wildlife Foundation invites applications for the AWF Charles R Wall Leadership Program in Kenya in 2023 are currently open.
The inaugural Conservation Leadership and Management Fellowship is a 9-month intensive and pioneering pan-African leadership program. It is for young African professionals in the conservation sector led by AWF. It comes with a key focus on self-leadership, team leadership, and organizational leadership, and brings young African professionals together. These are professionals from business, NGOs, the public sector, and community-based entities that are leading impact in the environment space. The Fellowship will impart them with transformational leadership and management skills needed to lead systemic impact in environmental issues.
Worth of Award
- Policy fellows will have several opportunities to engage in national and international policy making meetings and conventions. Leadership and management fellows will have opportunities to visit successful conservation organizations and projects to draw lessons.
- The fellowship will prepare participants with tools, resources, and knowledge to lead systemic change in the environmental sector, especially in conservation.
- It also aims to ignite their fire and prepare them to tap into leadership and talents as they explore who they are, their values and purpose to create change and impact on pertinent environmental issues.
African youth aged 20-35 years are now officially invited to apply for the two training programs.
How to Apply
Each applicant is expected to submit
- a motivation letter responding to why the candidate would like to be considered alongside
- a Curriculum Vitae and
- reference letter from their university, employer, or any senior person with whom they have worked.
An online or pre-recorded video interview may also be part of the recruitment process.
Deadline:The application deadline for the AWF Charles R Wall Leadership Program is January 31, 2023.