Google invites applications for the Google People Analytics PhD Internship in the USA for the 2023/24 academic session.
As an intern, you will engage in the following:
- Work with the People Analytics team to design and implement new studies, analyze data and report on results of research initiatives to a business audience.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to influence leaders to take action on the results.
- Write research briefs.
- Conduct statistical analysis (e.g., correlation, regression, factor analysis, T-test, ANOVA) using survey and archival data with analyses conducted in R.
Worth of Award
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $92,000-$103,000. The salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
- Advanced Doctoral (PhD) student (i.e., you have completed three years of study and your comprehensive exams, but have not completed your dissertation) who is enrolled in a program in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Personality Psychology, Social Psychology or a related field.
- Experience designing, developing and conducting rigorous survey and/or experimental research.
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data in R, SPSS, STATA, and/or other statistical languages.
- Experience conducting applied research in organizations.
- Topical experience in one of the following areas: performance management, individual and team-level performance and productivity, individual difference (e.g., personality traits, behaviors, well-being), DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion), selection and assessment (including relevant psychometric methods), decision science and behavior change, or quantitative text analysis.
- Experience with statistical analyses, including fundamentals (e.g., ANOVAs and/or regressions) and with one or more advanced approaches (e.g., factor analysis, network analysis, HLM, SEM).
- Experience using R for statistical analysis and data visualization.
- Returning to a degree program after the internship ends.
- Available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time.
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit all of the following materials:
- Updated resume – please include the relevant graduation dates (M/YY), coding language(s) along with any technical experience or projects. Elaborate on current research topics, statistical skills, experience analyzing survey data, relevant work experience, and recent publications/presentations.
- Please include when you completed your comprehensive/qualifying exams or the anticipated completion date (M/YY).
- Transcript – unofficial or official; must be in English.
Deadline: Please complete your application for the Google People Analytics PhD before February 24, 2023.