SUPRA invites MA and PhD candidates working on their thesis to apply for the 2014 Autumn SUPRA Nordic scholarship in Denmark, Europe. The scholarship targets those working on a Masters or PhD thesis who need some inspiration, literature or simply just time to write.
The SUPRA Nordic scholarship is one of the most important features of NIAS’ Support Programme for Asian Studies. It is designed to make NIAS’ library and other resources accessible to PhD candidates and MA students in the Nordic countries.
The Support Programme for Asian Studies offers the following possibilities:
- Workplaces for Master students
- SUPRA Nordic Scholarship Nordic Post-Doc Introductory Stipends
- Guest researcher stays
- Offices for PhD-Students
- Network Support
Worth of Award
- The Nordic Scholarship covers inexpensive travel to Copenhagen, two weeks board and accommodation plus a working place at NIAS!
- It offers a perfect chance to concentrate on your thesis, have inspirational talks with their researchers or collect material in Northern Europe’s most comprehensive Asian studies library.
- The librarians at NIAS will give the SUPRA students a comprehensive introduction to the use of the NIAS LINC resources. The students will have at their disposal a suitably equipped work place, and access to all the facilities at NIAS. They will be encouraged to interact with NIAS researchers and will have the opportunity to make a short lunchtime presentation for NIAS staff and receive expert advice.
- Other benefits include specific thesis advice, invitations to participate in seminars and workshops, and a discount on NIAS Press publications.
- The programme is open to students resident in the Nordic countriues, who have been admitted to a university MA or PhD programme, and who actively carry out work on an Asian topic.
- SUPRA also gives researchers the opportunity to come to NIAS and carry out their research for a shorter or longer period. Further Nordic networks focusing on Asia can apply for support to e.g. workshops and conferences
- SUPRA scholarships are primarily for students from NNC member institutions.
How to Apply
Return the completed form as e-mail attachment to: [email protected]
- Letter(s) of recommendation and any other document(s) relevant to the application should be submitted electronically if possible, otherwise sent by post before expiration of the deadline for application.
- If you have any questions regarding the scholarships please e-mail: [email protected]
Deadline: there are two deadlines for the scholarship:
June 1- which is for fellowship to NAIS during the period August 16 to December 19
October 1– which is for fellowship to NIAS during the period 4 January to 27 June
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Click here for more details and to apply online