Google invites applications for the Google PhD User Experience Research Internship in the USA for the 2023/24 academic session.
User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers who focus on customer experience. It plays an integral part in gathering insights about product user needs, attitudes, and behaviours to inspire and inform design.
Worth of Award
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$122,000.
- Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Human Factors, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field.
- Internship, work, or project experience with research design utilizing various methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.).
- Currently attending a degree program in the US with plans to return to the degree program after completion of the internship.
- Available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
How to Apply
Your application should include an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English.
Provide the following required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume. Please ensure you’ve listed your anticipated graduation date (in MM/YY), experience with coding language(s), research methods, qualitative analysis software/packages, and statistical analysis software/packages as applicable, along with any technical experience or projects.
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English. Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
Deadline: Please complete your application for the Google PhD User Experience Research before January 27th, 2023.