Google invites applications for the Google PhD Data Scientist Intern in the USA for the 2023/24 academic session.
As an intern, you will be expected to do the following:
- Work with large complex data sets, solve difficult non-routine analysis problems, and apply advanced analytical methods. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop a comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities, design and assess improvements to Google products.
- Make business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Google’s user products.
Worth of Award
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $103,000-$127,000.
- Currently pursuing a PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, biostatistics, physics, applied mathematics, operations research, economics).
- Experience with statistical methods (linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic processes, sampling methods, etc.).
- Experience with data analysis.
- Experience using R or Python and technology to work with datasets such as scripting or statistical software (R, SAS, etc.).
- Currently attending a degree program in the US with plans to return to the degree program after completion of the internship.
- Anticipated graduation on or before June 2024.
- Available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
- Ability to take on a leadership role and take initiative.
How to Apply
To apply: You must submit all of the following materials:
- In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume – please include the relevant graduation dates for all your degrees (M/YY) along with details of proficiency in statistical software and database and coding language(s) along with any technical experience or projects.
- In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript, must be in English.
Deadline: Please complete your application for the Google PhD Data Scientist Intern before January 27th, 2023.