Applications for the Teens Dream Changemaker Video Challenge in 2023 are currently open.
The goal of the challenge is to build a global community of teen changemakers working with adult mentors and partner organizations to act on global challenges as outlined in the SDGs. It is utilizing a fun video contest to inspire teens to make the world a better place. All submitters will be invited to join the virtual rooms we call “SDG Hubs,” where teen-led action on the SDGs takes place.
Worth of Award
10 winners will be eligible to receive up to $500 to implement their projects and have seven months to implement their vision for action and be honoured with a Fall celebration to showcase their project, and the opportunity to participate and/or lead an SDG Hub.
- You must be 13 to 18 years old!
- You can be from anywhere in the world, but the video must be in English.
- You may work individually or as a group, but one person must apply and represent on behalf of the group.
- Parents and adults can be advisors but shall not have any hands on involvement.
- You can submit videos multiple years in a row, but if you win, you can’t win twice in a row.
- All submitters must have verified contact information.
- Immediate family members of the organizers are ineligible to submit!
How to Apply
- Create a 2 minute or less video that expresses your dream, how it relates to one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and how you, as an agent of change, plan to see it realized.
- The video must be appropriate for viewers who are 10 years and older. Individuals or groups may submit one video per SDG Category.
- The video opening title must read “2022 Teens Dream – (a name that highlights your dream, for example “2022 Teens Dream – Global Equality”).
Deadline: The closing deadline for the Teens Dream Changemaker Video Challenge is January 23rd, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.