MultiChoice Group invites applications for the MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa Programme for Storytellers for the 2023/24 academic session.
MultiChoice Group is committed to developing and honing the skills of young, talented and ambitious African storytellers. This programme was renamed the MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa (MTF South Africa) in line with MultiChoice Africa’s broader MTF programme. It will carry the same passion for film and movie making, the same devotion to excellence and will continue with MultiChoice’s promise of enriching lives. The naming convention allows the business to consolidate all initiatives that are critical in developing a sustainable talent pipeline to the video and entertainment industry.
The MTF South Africa programme has three pillars:
- MTF South Africa Academy – 1-year internship academy for university graduates from qualifying institutions who meet the academic qualifying criteria.
- MTF South Africa Script Writing Incubator – 1-year programme for budding scriptwriters. This programme is not limited to university graduates.
- MTF South Africa Bursary Programme – Full 1-year tuition for 2nd year or higher university students from qualifying institutions who meet the academic and financial need qualifying criteria will be considered. Under consideration will also be national Economically Active Populations (EAP) targets
Worth of Award
MTF South Africa is a 12-month long industry readiness programme that affords the opportunity to learn from some of the leading TV producers in the country while acquiring valuable experience in the directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction and many other skills.
- Internships only available to South African citizens
- Must have completed (in 2020/2021), a 3year Diploma / Degree in Film and TV or related qualification
- Must have achieved a minimum of C + Aggregate
How to Apply
Provide all the supporting documents:
- CV – not more than 2 pages
- Personal motivation letter of not more than 500 words (why should you be chosen?)
- Copy of South African Identity Document – certified
- Copy of matric certificate – certified
- Copy of academic transcripts / Tertiary qualification Certificate – certified
- Confirmation of banking details – verified by bank with bank stamp and/or letter
- Proof of residential address
Deadline: Applications close on February 28, 2023 by 12 pm.
Email all supporting documents directly to: [email protected]