Applications for the Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa Study Buddy Fund Bursary Programme for the 2023/24 academic session are currently open.
The bursary programme aims to provide financial and holistic support to indigent students who meet entry requirements for access to higher education institutions.
The Study Buddy Fund comprises four programme pillars:
- Host Community Bursary Programme
The Bursary Program provides scholarship support to indigent academically strong students who meet entry requirements for access to universities. This financial support covers registration, tuition, accommodation, meal allowances, and textbooks.
- University Partnership
This provides funding to students already at university but who do not have bursaries and/or NFSAS funding and are often regarded as the “missing middle”.
- TVET College Support
This targets young people in CCBSA host communities who did not meet university entrance requirements. Instead, the scholarship support focuses on technical skills development, specifically geared towards the CCBSA value chain e.g: electrical or mechanical engineering.
This is E-Learning using Technology to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics and science and CCBSA has invested over R1 million in supporting over 6,000 students to date.
Worth of Award
For the 2023 academic year, the Fund will pay for the tuition and accommodation fees of deserving students in communities which CCBSA has operations with a particular focus on the following areas:
- Greater Eldorado Park Community Forum (including Freedom Park and Motsoaledi),
- Greater Nigel,
- PTA West Ward 55,
- Westenburg – Seshego,
- Alabama and
The Study Buddy programme also includes support groups, career advice and study hacks to give bursary recipients “every opportunity at a successful academic career”.
Study Buddy Fund _ Host Community Bursary Programme applicants must:
- pass Grade 12 with bachelors’ admission and an acceptance from a South African based university. Additionally, residing in one of the host communities will be advantageous
- be in Grade 12 in the recruiting year
- be Black South African, as per the BBBEE codes of good practice (Black African Learners will be prioritized)
- not be affiliated with Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa and its affiliates
- apply at an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet all criteria above
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via [email protected]
Deadline: Applications for the 2023 Study Buddy Fund bursary close January 27, 2023.