The University of Winnipeg invites applications for the International Special Entrance Scholarship Program in Canada for the 2022/23 academic session.
These Scholarships will be automatically offered to new international students entering studies at the UWinnipeg in the 2022-23 academic year following graduation from a high school outside of Canada. These entrance scholarships will be offered automatically during the regular admissions application process; a separate scholarship application is not required. However, all international students must meet the conditions to qualify.
Worth of Award
- 85.0-89.9% – $1,000
- 90.0-94.9% – $2,000
- 95.0%+ – $3,000
- Have a minimum 85% grade average from the grade 12 high school courses used for general admission.
- Not have attended any other post-secondary institute previously other than for the purposes of dual credit high school/post-secondary courses.
- Students admitted on letters of permission or on post-secondary transfer credits from other post-secondary institutions will not be eligible.
- Submit a UWinnipeg admission application no more than 6 months following high school graduation.
- Submit a completed application for admission, including all application fees and all supporting documentation, no later than the award eligibility deadline for the desired first term of study.
- Have not have been selected for other UWinnipeg entrance awards. New international students with multiple UWinnipeg award offers will receive one entrance award, whichever has the greatest value.
- Once selected to receive an International Special Entrance Scholarship, students must register for the following minimum number of credit hours according to their first term of study:
- Fall term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in both fall and winter terms within the first academic year.
- Winter term start: Register for a minimum of 9 credit hours in the winter term and either a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the following spring term; or a minimum 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
- Spring term start: Register for a minimum of 6 credit hours of 6-8 weeks in duration in the spring term; or a minimum 9 credit hours in the next fall term.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: February 1, 2023, for the Spring session.